Type A School Buses
Type A school buses are the smallest type of bus, holding 14 to 36 passengers. They often have wheelchair lifts for full accessibility.
The Type A school bus consists of a bus body constructed upon a cutaway front-section vehicle with a left side driver's door. This definition includes two classifications: Type A-I, with a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) of 10,000 pounds or less, and a Type A-2, with a GVWR of 10,000 pounds or more. Type A school buses meet all Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards for school buses.
- 14-36 capacity
- Wheelchair lifts available
- Heavy duty frames and axles
- Leave no student behind post trip inspection alarm system available
- Cruise control optional
- Rugged steel cage construction
- Wide entry doors and high headroom height
- Exceptional visibility
- Comfortable driver's seat
- Alarm system
- At least 78" interior headroom